Ian Dury And The Blockheads
Odeon
Ilford UK
1978-12-23
Soundboard @320
01. Wake Up And Make Love To Me
02. I'm Partial To Your Abracadabra
03. Upminster Kid
04. Clever Trevor
05. This Is What We Find
06. You're More Then Fair
07. Blackmail Man
08. Billericay Dickie
09. Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
10. There Ain't Half Been Some Clever Bastards
11. Plaistow Patricia
12. I Made Mary Cry
13. I Made Mary Cry (Cont'd)
14. What A Waste
15. My Old Man
16. Band Intros
17. Sex And Drugs And Rock And Roll
Ian Dury - Vocals
Chaz Jankel - Guitar, Keyboards
John Turnbull - Guitar
Mick Gallagher - Piano, Organ, Synthesizer
Norman Watt-Roy - Bass
Charlie Charles - Drums
Davey Payne - Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone



Thanks Enoch! Much appreciated. If the Doctor (Feelgood) can't help you the Guvnor will. This will cheer me up no end. There ain't half been some clever bastards! The Great Raspberry hisself and no mistake. Thanks bro and always remember "the hope that springs eternal springs right up your behind!"
ReplyDeleteThanks for the enthusiastic comments, Andy. I've always liked them Blockheads (& their fearless leader), too. Enjoy
DeleteSaw these gents several times in 77/78. So this will bring back memories of Ian's intensity on stage. Thanking you muchly.
ReplyDeleteChallenge for you. One band which always drew big audiences to their live shows. ( saw them at least 3 times) was the BOOMTOWN RATS. But the albums don't live up to the live performances. Can you dig up a live performance?
Kudos again!
You're Welcome for the Ian Dury. I've got some Boomtown Rats Shows from the same general era. Let me pick one out for you. I'll post it up shortly. Stay Tuned.
DeleteThanks muchly !
ReplyDeleteI got you.
DeleteAlways can count on a bit of Ian Dury to cheer me up. Nice one.
ReplyDeleteGlad you like it. And we could all stand a bit of cheering up these days. Thanks for the The comment.
DeleteThanks for this - just love Watt-Roy's bass playing. Cheers DD
ReplyDeleteThank you! I have always liked Ian's music but also always believed that The Blockheads were a large part of what made his music so great. I think they were one of the finest 'back up' bands ever assembled!
ReplyDelete