Cruzados
Empire Rock Club
Philadelphia, PA
November 8, 1985 <--- CORRECTED DATE
WMMR-FM
Empire Rock Club
Philadelphia, PA
November 8, 1985 <--- CORRECTED DATE
WMMR-FM
01 Cruzados - (cuts in) Hanging Out In California
02 Cruzados - Some Day
03 Cruzados - Seven Summers
04 Cruzados - Just Like Roses
05 Cruzados - 1,000 Miles
06 Cruzados - Cryin' Eyes
07 Cruzados - Flor de Mal
08 Cruzados - Motorcycle Girl
09 Cruzados - After Dark
10 Cruzados - Encore Break
11 Cruzados - Wasted Years
12 Cruzados - Hombre Secreto
13 Joe Bonadonna - WMMR-FM Outro
The first 15 seconds of "Hanging Out In California" suffer from poor audio due to aging tape (see the screen shot in the Artwork folder). Very small sections have lost the audio signal. It clears right up after that fifteen seconds, so stick with it!
The Cruzados had Tito Larriva and Charlie Quintana, formerly of the Plugz, one of the "first generation" Los Angeles punk bands from 1977. The Plugz were sort of Ramones-ish, three chords and an attitude. The Cruzados were more of a 1980s roots rock band, American rock and roll. They were pretty good, but radio didn't give 'em much of a chance.
So...now's your chance to hear the Cruzados, if you don't know 'em already.
Seriously, this is good stuff. "Hombre Secreto" is a Spanish language cover of Johnny Rivers' "Secret Agent Man." And "Secret Agent Man" is one of the greatest songs, ever! And now you can hear it in Spanish!
And once again, credit for recording this...and mailing the tape across the U.S. of A.... goes to our blog-pal, Sam Eliot's Mustache. Thank you!
https://mega.nz/file/uFpiTLIa#KZxIvFYAxcESFGU-d3W72ipKiOpXnTEXrzN11lqSkxk



Thanks for Cruzados, love this band. Thanks for the great blog too.
ReplyDeleteyou had me at "Secret Agent Man" - Wow! many thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for this. I am a bit confused because the date listed for the show is not the same as the date listed in the folder name. Which is correct?
ReplyDeleteHombre Secreto (studio version) first heard on the Repo Man film Soundtrack ? Nah, that was out in 1984... Anyway, it will be fun to hear this earlier version along with the other Cruzado tracks. Keep an eye-out for debut Lp by Los Illegals - "Internal Exile". Thank you VW gang ! Muddy Mike
ReplyDeleteHi, Unknown! First of all, THANK YOU FOR POINTING OUT MY ERROR! The correct date is the November 8, 1985 date.
ReplyDeleteNot to make an excuse, but I am often working on multiple shows and may have picked that date up from another project. The date on Sam Eliot's Mustache is "11/8/85," and the newspaper listing confirms that date.
Again....THANK YOU for pointing out my mistake!
Hi Draftervoi. My name is Bob. It's all good man. I just wanted to make sure I put down the right date. I guess I'm a little geeky about that kind of stuff. :)
ReplyDeleteHi, Bob! I'm as data-obsessed as a geek can be...part of the fun of digitizing these shows is trying to figure out what is true (or not true) and seeing what documentation can be found out on the Internet. I got a date wrong here, and I'm not sure how, but thank you for catching it!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDeletemerci
ReplyDelete