Back From The Dead...
Originally posted November 13, 2014
John Cale with Chris Spedding
The Bottom Line
New York, NY.
April 18, 1987
Soundboard @flac
(Late Show)
Set List:
01 - Caribbean Sunset
02 - The Hunt
03 - The Endless Plain Of Fortune
04 - Child'S Christmas In Wales
05 - Living In Moonlight
06 - Darling I Need You
07 - Dead Or Alive
08 - Evidence
09 - Every Time The Dogs Bark
10 - Model Beirut Recital
11 - Dying On The Vine
12 - I'M Waiting For The Man
13 - Villa Albani
14 - Guts
15 - Paris 1919
16 - Fear Is A Man'S Best Friend
01 - Caribbean Sunset
02 - The Hunt
03 - The Endless Plain Of Fortune
04 - Child'S Christmas In Wales
05 - Living In Moonlight
06 - Darling I Need You
07 - Dead Or Alive
08 - Evidence
09 - Every Time The Dogs Bark
10 - Model Beirut Recital
11 - Dying On The Vine
12 - I'M Waiting For The Man
13 - Villa Albani
14 - Guts
15 - Paris 1919
16 - Fear Is A Man'S Best Friend
Comments appreciated!
The BEST version of this song EVER!!!
pass-fbsvw
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +




Thanks for posting this.Will bring back great memories of when I saw them in my town.
ReplyDeleteSpedding was a revelation that night...
Lucky guy. I only got to see John Cale years and years ago with Velvet Underground.
ReplyDeleteSpedding and Cale? Essential in my book! thank you!
ReplyDeleteAlways worth revisiting, thanks SW! (You “ONLY” got to see him with the VU!?!? Sheesh! I Wish!) Think I have this down in the vaults but I will do the usual.
ReplyDeleteIf anyone’s interested I found a rather nice cover for this on a Japanese fellow blogger site. Find it at my own lil blog here : http://swappers-swappers.blogspot.com/2024/11/john-cale-with-chris-spedding-live.html (P.S. and yes I did ask The Boss if it was okay to post here!) bestests you ‘orrible lot!
ReplyDeletemerci
ReplyDeleteThanks for the cover, Swappers. I saw Cale....twice. Once at the Boarding House and if I recall correctly, Greg Kihn was the opening act. The second time was at Keystone Berkeley....must have been 1979 as Jello Biafra was in the audience and I wouldn't have recognized him prior to that year.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Thanks for this!
ReplyDelete