ROIO: audio and/or video recording of a performance that was not officially released by the artist, or under other legal authority. Soundboards, Quality Audience Recordings, FM Broadcasts, Concert Videos and Out of Print Recordings.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Sunset Bombers - Sunset Bombers LP, 1978
Before he formed The Knack, Doug Fieger was the bass player in the Sunset Bombers. The Sunset Bombers were an L.A. club band, working in the new punk/new wave style. The album isn't outstanding, it's punchy loud 1978 rock. I've always enjoyed their cover of the Shirelles "Baby It's You," sped up into a punk arrangement. While the album isn't exceptional, their LOGO was great (see above).
https://mega.nz/#!zBBBUL6A!iVw6gLV7WKCGQvKHzM22KKnjj-btA0eMUGcLTT4vRsg
I scanned the LP cover, front and back, and the disc labels, all at 300 dpi. Flac files of .wavs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You schooled me, and I'm a Knack fan.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this post! - Stinky
Hey, Stinky! There's a really good post about this album over at: http://www.popgeekheaven.com/music-discovery/lost-treasures-the-sunset-bombers It's FAR better than the little blurb I wrote...and he's got a link at the bottom that goes to ANOTHER blog where one of the producers is squabbling over 40 year old arguments....interesting stuff. By the way...I liked the logo so much that I just had a t-shirt made with it...
ReplyDeleteare you sure this wasn't some long-lost Cheap Trick album recorded under an alias and then forgotten about? ;)
ReplyDeleteactually, this is pretty good power-pop and well-recorded too for a small-label release--thanks Draftervoi!
You're welcome, Dan Buxbaum. To my ears and taste, there's nothing here as appealing as on those first four Cheap Trick albums; my fave cuts are the covers...but it's well played and has that 1978 enthusiasm, where they sped up the tempos a bit in the wake of punk rock. I think my needle-drop turned out pretty well, so until we get an official release (not likely!), I'm glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDelete