
Neko Case - Live at Spaceland
Los Angeles, CA.
March 10, 2000
Excellent Audience Recording (8.5 of 10) @HQvbr
Neko made her name when she sang several songs on the New Pornographers album Mass Romantic before going solo, firstly with her band Her Boyfriends, before perhaps gaining a little more confidence and continuing comeletely under her own name. Though the Pornographers were an indie-pop style group, formed more to allow each member to gain a little from playing with each other more than anything, her own music is much more country than anything else. 2006 brought us her album Fox Confessor Brings The Flood, and with it many, many plaudits for her songwriting style. Anyway...this is rather younger than that as you've noticed, though I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyway.
Tracklist:
01 tuning & banter
02 Set Out Running
03 Guided By Wire
04 Bowling Green
05 Stinging Velvet
06 Favorite
07 Whip The Blankets
08 South Tacoma Way
09 Rated X
10 Twist The Knife
11 Make Your Bed
12 Mood To Burn Bridges
13 Porchlight
14 Furnace Room Lullaby
15 Thrice All American
16 Bought And Sold
17 Fist City
18 No Need To Cry
Spaceland '00


THAT is Neko Case?
ReplyDeleteOh well.
I left enough DNA from my saliva
to be sure the screen is REALLY clean now.
I'd like to 'play' with her....;-)
ReplyDelete-RoBurque
(whose damned computer won't let him into The Lounge.) I'll try my laptop and wrestle the desktop again manana. Now, it's Libation Time! Cheers, to all you guys!
This show is very entertaining, especially as I prefer her earlier albums. She's got the great voice, but I find her albums pverall a little too serious and humorless, and don't listen to them all that frequently. Her onstage banter on this one blows that image to pieces. Love the bawdy talk, and definitely dig the titty shot accompanying the post (schwing!). Thanks for digging this out.
ReplyDelete