Recorded at:
Liberty State Park,
Jersey City, NJ
July 4, 1985
Westwood One satellite broadcast
01 Announcer - WW1 Satellite Intro
02 Hall & Oates - Dance On Your Knees
03 Hall & Oates - Out of Touch
04 Hall & Oates - Family Man
05 Hall & Oates - Rich Girl
06 Hall & Oates - Kiss Is On My List
07 Hall & Oates - Say It Isn't So
08 Hall & Oates - Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid
09 Hall & Oates - Possession Obsession
10 Hall & Oates - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
11 Hall & Oates - I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)
12 Hall & Oates - Sara Smile
13 Hall & Oates - Method Of Modern Love
14 Hall & Oates - Maneater
15 Hall & Oates - Private Eyes
16 Hall & Oates - Adult Education
17 Announcer - WW1 Break
18 Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams
19 Announcer - WW1 encore break
20 Hall & Oates - Going Through The Motions
Another from the Sam Eliot's Mustache collection.
Portions of this were rebroadcast by Westwood One as Westwood One Superstars In Concert #SS85-25 (in the VW archives). Ten songs were released on VHS as The Liberty Concert.
The final song (a cover of Hot Fun In The Summertime) is not here. It is on the VHS tape.
Okay, gang! Here's one for the upcoming 4th of July holiday here in the U.S. of A. Nationwide satellite broadcasts were still new in 1985, and Westwood One added an uplink to RCA's Satcom 1-R communications satellite a year earlier in '84.
Hall & Oates were holding a benefit concert for the Statue of Liberty. Crowd estimates were put at 60,000 people, with tens of thousands listening nationwide on the radio.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRTTES4BZ04
ReplyDeleteThis is when HAO started to lose me. Their radio hits were good, but there was no other album tracks that were any good. They also stopped playing much of their earlier hits at concerts; no She's Gone here, for example. But this is great radio quality and it's on the 4th of July. Thanks DV!
ReplyDeleteReally you are 64, I would have put you at 50 based on some of your comments
DeleteI was early; I saw them at the Paramount Theater in Oakland...jeez, it was 1976, that's fifty years ago. I was falling in love with punk rock and H&O got left behind. I recall Daryl Hall worked with Robert Fripp, who had a lot of street-cred with us undergrounders, so I never really rejected 'em, I just wasn't paying attention. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so jealous; I would have killed to see them in 1976, but I was only 14 at the time. I got to see them once in 1996, which was great though. I was also supposed to see them again in the early 2000s, outdoors here in Vegas, but a freak thunderstorm spoiled the event. We were soaked - lol!
Delete