Lucy Brown - self titled (1991)
Studio recordings @320
{Out of Print}
I had the pleasure of seeing these guys years ago at Wetlands in NYC. Wetlands was a great club with a close intimate feeling. I met Gene the singer in 92 when my band Copious Jive was playing in the McDougal area of the village. I listened to their CD for about a year before actually seeing the band live...and that was an explosive rewarding experience. Gene, being a baritone had one of the most soulful voices I have ever heard, and his phrasing ability was right on with the music. All great heavy players that worked well together. Super tight drum chops, Good slap poppin bass, Heavy crunchin guitar riffs, with good funky breakdown undertones. I believe these guys would have gone very far if not for the passing of Gene. I had the rare opportunity of partying with the guys after a gig one night, and....what a great group of people. My friends and I being old funk fans, really really enjoyed this unique, one of a kind sound. ~Mick Swain
Set List:
1. Skyburn
2. Nobody Home
11. Rhode Island
3. Colorblind
4. Thoughts (Working Class)
5. It Takes Me High
6. Brother
7. Mold The Truth
8. Roots
9. Favorite Waste Of Time
10. Big Sleep


Thanks so much for this share
ReplyDeleteThanks for this post of 'fusion'. You know for growing up in the 90's, i believe there's a place for the liberty of anyone in every place... I was believing there was place fot the liberty for everyone... i was probably get wrong... message from France. Thanks for your posts and excuse the grammatical errors...
ReplyDeleteNo worries about grammar. We appreciate you leaving us a comment. =)
ReplyDelete