JOHN COUGAR and THE ZONE
The Channel Club, Boston, MA - October 2, 1980
GAMMA
Old Waldorf, San Francisco, CA July 13, 1980
Original air date December 14th 1980
01. K.B.F.H. Intro
02. Sugar Marie
03. Ain't Even Done With the Night
04. This Time
05. Taxi Dancer
06. I Need A Lover
GAMMA
07. Gamma Intro
08. Ready For Action
09. Thunder And Lightning
10. Voyager
11. Four Horsemen
12. Mayday
13. K.B.F.H. Outro
14. Ad For Show # 1
15. Ad For Show # 2
https://mega.nz/file/iZRSBILD#kFx7U9UuGsCpERmd5KowWsF4diThmbwaxl2UQflrXBw
============================================================
First of all, this was a great transfer from the original discs. It was up on Guitars 101 but the link was not working the last time I checked.For this run of Mellencamp shows, I wanted to add SOMETHING to it. While it was a great transfer, there were a few clicks and pops here and there......so I "altered" it by converting to wav, removing clicks in Audacity, fixing sector boundary errors with Trader's Little Helper, and converting back to FLAC. I did not "remaster" the sound, or normalize the volume. All I did was remove some minor surface noise (clicks and pops).
The Channel Club, Boston, MA - October 2, 1980
GAMMA
Old Waldorf, San Francisco, CA July 13, 1980
Original air date December 14th 1980
01. K.B.F.H. Intro
02. Sugar Marie
03. Ain't Even Done With the Night
04. This Time
05. Taxi Dancer
06. I Need A Lover
GAMMA
07. Gamma Intro
08. Ready For Action
09. Thunder And Lightning
10. Voyager
11. Four Horsemen
12. Mayday
13. K.B.F.H. Outro
14. Ad For Show # 1
15. Ad For Show # 2
https://mega.nz/file/iZRSBILD#kFx7U9UuGsCpERmd5KowWsF4diThmbwaxl2UQflrXBw
============================================================
First of all, this was a great transfer from the original discs. It was up on Guitars 101 but the link was not working the last time I checked.For this run of Mellencamp shows, I wanted to add SOMETHING to it. While it was a great transfer, there were a few clicks and pops here and there......so I "altered" it by converting to wav, removing clicks in Audacity, fixing sector boundary errors with Trader's Little Helper, and converting back to FLAC. I did not "remaster" the sound, or normalize the volume. All I did was remove some minor surface noise (clicks and pops).
There is a GREAT website for KBFH info at http://www.eclipse67.com/kbi.htm
I use that website and cross-reference it with a list I compiled from EBAY listings to document the various track listings and reappearances of these shows.
This was the first concert by Mellencamp on the nationally syndicated King Biscuit Flower Hour radio show. KBFH did not repeat any of the five tracks on future KBFH broadcasts. The show is not posted on Concert Vault. The only current source is the original vinyl discs.
Of note is how fast KBFH managed to get live music pressed up. The show was recorded on October 2nd and was edited, mastered, pressed, sent by US Mail and played by the radio stations on December 14.
There is another D.I.R. Radio Network recording Mellencamp was on a DIR show with a broadcast date of May 11, 1981 which is out of sequence with the regular KBFH shows, as it's a Monday. KBFH was broadcast every Sunday, and the May 10 Sunday show was Greg Kihn Band/Willie Nile. The Monday broadcast was "The Rock Radio Awards V," with three songs (Hurts So Good, Jack & Diane, and I Need A Lover). If that May 11 date is correct, it would mean that Mellencamp was performing Jack & Diane a full year before the LP was released in May of 1982. That possible...but it could also be the EBAY listing got the date wrong and it was really a 1982 show. So there may be another show out there...if any of our Beloved Audience have information (or a copy...) of this show, please let us know!
After that, the next KBFH show was Pershing, NB 1982, which was then repeated by DIR many times. The John Cougar/Mellencamp King Biscuit history powerpoints down to:
One show in 1979, shared with another artist
A few songs on "best of" compilation shows over the years
Pershing 1982 repeated many times
A few songs on "best of" compilation shows over the years
Pershing 1982 repeated many times
Check back in a few days...there's more MELLENPALOOZA coming later next week!


Thanks! Little Johnny Cougars Camp for Wayward Melons.
ReplyDeleteHi, Anonymous...I found that the post is still up on Guitars 101...but it's under "John Melloncamp."
ReplyDelete