Looking for Something?

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING??
Never Been Here Before?

Check The Right Sidebar


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Follow The Sign To Where...

Saturday, December 4, 2021

Sonia Dada / Record Plant, Sausalito, CA - April 12, 1995 - KFOG-FM

Sonia Dada
Live at the Plant
Sausalito, CA
April 12, 1995 KFOG-FM

01. Lay My Body Down
02. Screaming John
03. Paradise
04. Interview
05. Amazing Jane
06. You Don't Treat Me No Good
07. Interview
08. Planes And Satellites
09. Rain
10. KFOG outro - John Grappone & Linda McInnes

Here's another digitization from a master off-the-air cassette I recorded from a KFOG-FM "Live at the Plant" broadcast.  Flac files of .wavs, of course....

Sonia Dada was based in Chicago and got some Bay Area radio airplay on KFOG...but didn't make much of a national impact in the USA.  However, "You Don't Treat Me No Good" was a #1 hit in Australia, and #2 in New Zealand, so this might be of some interest to our Antipodean brethren.

Their cover of the Beatles "Rain" is excellent; it was never released on their albums, but did turn up on the promo copies of the "Planes and Satellites" CD-single. 


2 comments:

  1. Always felt this band was underrated. Thank you for ripping and posting this one! s2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Anonymous. I don't know the band very well...back then, though, I was trying to record anything live coming over the local airwaves. If I didn't like it, maybe I could trade it with someone by mail.

    ReplyDelete