Looking for Something?

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING??
Never Been Here Before?

Check The Right Sidebar


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Follow The Sign To Where...

Thursday, October 27, 2022

NBC The Source NBC 83-15 Dexy's Midnight Runners / Savoy, NYC Feb. 10, 1983

Dexy’s Midnight Runners
NBC The Source NBC 83-15
Broadcast Date April 15, 16, 17, 1983

Recorded at:
The Savoy, NYC 
February 10, 1983

01 NBC 83-15 Intro - George Taylor Morris
02 Geno
03 The Celtic Soul Brothers (More Please)
04 Let’s Get This Straight (From The Start)
05 All In All (This One Last Wild Waltz)
06 NBC 83-15 Break - George Taylor Morris
07 Commercial - U.S. Navy
08 Commercial - Honda VT 500 Ascot
09 Commercial - Budweiser (America)
10 Tell Me When My Light Turns Green
11 Plan B
12 Let’s Make This Precious
13 I Couldn’t Help If I’d Tried
14 NBC 83-15 Break - George Taylor Morris
15 Commercial - U.S. Navy
16 Commercial - Levi's Jeans
17 Commercial - Honda  Shadow 750
18 Until I Believe In My Soul
19 Jackie Wilson Said (I'm In Heaven When You Smile)
20 There, There My Dear
21 NBC 83-15 Break - George Taylor Morris
22 Commercial - Honda 
23 Commercial - Budweiser
24 Commercial - U.S. Navy
25 Come On Eileen
26 NBC 83-15 Outro - George Taylor Morris

The totally groovy run-out grooves:
NBC 83-15-A L-13567 Alshire (stamp)
NBC 83-15-B L-13567 Alshire (stamp)
NBC 83-15-C L-13567 Alshire (stamp)
NBC 83-15-D L-13567 Alshire (stamp)

Tracks from this concert are posted at Wolfgang's Vault. and there's an audience tape of it up at Guitars 101.  This version was digitizated from the syndicated radio discs in October 2022.  The most complete version of the show is the audience tape, which shows the full set list as:
01 Old
02 Geno
03 The Celtic Soul Brothers
04 Let’s Get This Straight From The Start
05 All In All (This One Last Wild Waltz)
06 Tell Me When My Light Turns Green
07 Plan B
08 Let’s Make This Precious
09 I Couldn’t Help It If I Tried
10 Until I Believe In My Soul
11 Jackie Wilson Said
12 There, There, My Dear
13 Come On Eileen
14 Seven Days Too Long
15 Keep It Part Two (Inferiority Part One)
16 Respect
17 Burn It Down
18 I’m Just Looking

Compared to the audience tape, this new digitization is missing tracks 1, and 14 - 18.
The Wolfgang's Vault version is missing 13, 14.

Comes with 300 dpi scans of the cue sheet, an affidavit, and all four disc labels.  I was unable to track down any concert related junk like vintage tickets, posters, or newspaper articles.  There's apparently a New York Times review of the show but it's behind a paywall.

This is a great show, and the vinyl was in good shape, so this only took a week to knock into shape for you guys.  As 2022 means it's been 40 years since the release of Too-Rye-Ay, I wanted to get this one in before the end of the year.  


3 comments:

  1. Definitely for several months everybody was wearing the same outfit jeans as Dexy's boys and girls. My mother found it just stupid. Yeah. But fun it was. Come on Eileen we were all singing along.
    Fond memories, shit 40 years ago already.
    Greetings from Paris,
    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a distinct memory of my band sitting around our rehearsal studio (i.e., my one car apartment garage) badmouthing Dexy's for their sloppy stage outfits. Gotta say...the arrangement work on Come On Eileen - the stops, starts, speeding up, slowing down....really top notch work there.

    ReplyDelete