Stevie Ray Vaughan
Westwood One Superstar Concert Series
Show #91-17 for broadcast the weekend of April 27-28, 1991
Westwood One Superstar Concert Series
Show #91-17 for broadcast the weekend of April 27-28, 1991
Recorded at
Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, New Mexico November 28, 1989
McNichols Arena, Denver, Colorado November 29, 1989
Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, New Mexico November 28, 1989
McNichols Arena, Denver, Colorado November 29, 1989
I'm not sure which tracks are from which venue, and, of course, I've found contradictory information out on the Internet. Plus, did you guys know the Earth is actually flat? Anyway...rather than repeat something I haven't been able to confirm, I'm just leaving this as "the tracks are from Albuquerque and Denver on two consecutive nights in November 1989.
This time out, we've got Suzy Cruz (real name: Suzanne Ansilio) handling the announcer duties. Westwood One usually had men do the announcing. The only other woman I've run across was Tawn Mastry.Suzanne Ansilio was born in Kingston, Pennsylvania and she received a bachelor’s degree in communication at East Strautsburg in PA. Following a start in Scranton radio. Suzanne came to Southern California in 1990 and worked as Susie Who at KLSX. In 1991 she joined KQLZ as Suzy Cruz, which is the name she's using on this show. The Internet tells me that in April, 1991 both Suzy Cruz and Tawn Mastrey were on the air at KQLZ.
CD1 - Sides 1, 2, and 3:
01 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Intro
02 Commercial - Volkswagen
03 Commercial - T.G.I. Fridays (Martin Mull)
04 Commercial - Dentyne
05 The House Is Rockin'
06 Tightrope
07 Look At Little Sister
08 Commercial - Greyhound
09 Commercial - Fresh Fruit Candy
10 Commercial - Rolaids
11 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Break
12 Let Me Love You Baby
13 Texas Flood
14 Commercial - Volkswagen
15 Commercial - Rolaids
16 Commercial - Greyhound
17 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Break
18 Leave My Girl Alone
19 Riviera Paradise
20 Commercial - Rolaids
21 Commercial - T.G.I. Fridays (Martin Mull)
22 Commercial - Volkswagen
23 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Break
CD2 - Sides 4, 5, and 6:
24 Wall of Denial
25 Superstition
26 Commercial - Volkswagen
27 Commercial - Rolaids
28 Commercial - Greyhound
29 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Break
30 Cold Shot
31 Commercial - Dentyne
32 Commercial - T.G.I. Fridays (Martin Mull)
33 Commercial - Volkswagen
34 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Break
35 Crossfire
36 Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)
37 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Outro
38 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Promo
01 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Intro
02 Commercial - Volkswagen
03 Commercial - T.G.I. Fridays (Martin Mull)
04 Commercial - Dentyne
05 The House Is Rockin'
06 Tightrope
07 Look At Little Sister
08 Commercial - Greyhound
09 Commercial - Fresh Fruit Candy
10 Commercial - Rolaids
11 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Break
12 Let Me Love You Baby
13 Texas Flood
14 Commercial - Volkswagen
15 Commercial - Rolaids
16 Commercial - Greyhound
17 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Break
18 Leave My Girl Alone
19 Riviera Paradise
20 Commercial - Rolaids
21 Commercial - T.G.I. Fridays (Martin Mull)
22 Commercial - Volkswagen
23 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Break
CD2 - Sides 4, 5, and 6:
24 Wall of Denial
25 Superstition
26 Commercial - Volkswagen
27 Commercial - Rolaids
28 Commercial - Greyhound
29 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Break
30 Cold Shot
31 Commercial - Dentyne
32 Commercial - T.G.I. Fridays (Martin Mull)
33 Commercial - Volkswagen
34 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Break
35 Crossfire
36 Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)
37 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Outro
38 Suzy Cruz - Superstar Concert Series 91-17 Promo
You get 300 DPI scans of the cue sheet, the Certificate of Performance, the mailing envelope, all six disc labels, and the box cover (and a lower file-weight version of the cover for file tagging). As usual, this is a fresh digitization right off the records.
Plus...in the text file, there's a Short List of Westwood One In Concert & Superstar Concert Series shows with Stevie Ray Vaughan.



Flounder: Oh boy, this is great!
ReplyDelete