Elvis Costello
Casino de Montreux, Montreux, Switzerland
July 11, 1989
FM radio broadcast
Casino de Montreux, Montreux, Switzerland
July 11, 1989
FM radio broadcast
01 Elvis Costello - Accidents Will Happen
02 Elvis Costello - Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
03 Elvis Costello - Watching The Detectives
04 Elvis Costello - That Day Is Done
05 Elvis Costello - Almost Blue
06 Elvis Costello - Veronica
07 Elvis Costello - God's Comic
08 Elvis Costello - So Like Candy
09 Elvis Costello - New Amsterdam/You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
10 Elvis Costello - American Without Tears
11 Elvis Costello - Alison
12 Elvis Costello - Shamed Into Love
13 Elvis Costello - I Want You
14 Announcer - Talk
15 Elvis Costello - Baby Plays Around
16 Elvis Costello - Radio Sweetheart, Jackie Wilson Said (I'm in Heaven When You Smile)
17 Elvis Costello - Pump It Up, Subterranean Homesick Blues, Revolution
18 Announcer - Talk
19 Elvis Costello - Pads, Paws and Claws
20 Glenn Tilbrook - Messed Around
21 Elvis Costello - Leave My Kitten Alone
22 Elvis Costello - Crying Time
23 Elvis Costello - Lovable
24 Elvis Costello - Honey, Are You Straight or are You Blind
25 Glenn Tilbrook - Let The Good Times Roll
26 Elvis Costello - Pretty Flamingo
27 Announcer - Talk
28 Elvis Costello - Slow Down (cuts off)
There are several versions of this circulating on the Internet. All of them that I found - including this one, taken from my cassette - appear to be short of the full show. The version over at T.U.B.E. runs through "Crying Time" and is one of the most complete versions. My tape had more of the show after "Crying Time," but had a cut off version of "Watching The Detectives" right at the start.
So I took the first three songs from the version that's up at T.U.B.E., and then added all the songs on my tape. I got my tape from someone in Germany in 1990 or 1991, so it's low generation. It's still not complete..."Slow Down" is cut off before the end of the song, and (supposedly) Costello repeated the song that opened the concert ("Accidents Will Happen") as his fourth and final encore. I'm skeptical, that's a weird thing to do, especially for an artist with a large repertoire like Costello.
My tape included comments by what was listed as a "Swiss DJ." I speak no German so I can't vouch for whether that's true. Presumably, someone could tell from accent or vocabulary whether the announcer is Swiss, or not.
Wenn jemand aus unserem deutschsprachigen Publikum helfen kann, den DJ oder den Radiosender zu identifizieren, hinterlassen Sie bitte unten einen Kommentar. (from Google Translate...)
Elvis Costello
Glenn Tilbrook - guitar, vocals
Chris Difford - guitar, vocals
Nick Lowe - bass, vocals
Gilson Lavis - drums



Good work!
ReplyDelete-RoBurque
I have a version where Watching the detectives and Accidents will happen are completed by merging the aud and SB recordings
ReplyDelete