Looking for Something?

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING??
Never Been Here Before?

Check The Right Sidebar


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Follow The Sign To Where...

Tuesday, December 24, 2024

Graham Parker / Captured Live! Park West, Chicago, May 14, 1982

Graham Parker
Captured Live! (unknown show number)
unknown broadcast date in 1982

recorded at:
Park West,
Chicago, IL
May 14, 1982

Pre-FM from radio reel

01 Dave Cook, Mark Parenteau - Intro
02 Commercial - Chevrolet Camero
03 Graham Parker - Discovering Japan
04 Graham Parker - Stick To Me
05 Graham Parker - Passion Is No Ordinary Word
06 Graham Parker - Can't Waste A Minute
07 Graham Parker - No More Excuses
08 Graham Parker - Heat Treatment
09 Commercial - Mattel M Network
10 Graham Parker - You Hit The Spot
11 Graham Parker - Stupefaction
12 Graham Parker - Big Fat Zero
13 Commercial - Chevrolet Camero
14 Commercial - American Express (Manhattan Transfer)
15 Graham Parker - Empty Lives
16 Graham Parker - Nobody Hurts You
17 Mark Parenteau - Interview
18 Commercial - Mattel M Network
19 Mark Parenteau - Outro

Another from the Sam Eliot's Mustache collection.

He ships 'em across the U.S.A. and I tag 'em and do a bit of research, and you get to listen to 'em.  

This one is a pre-FM from the original radio reels.

On the American Express "guess who is singing" commercial, the answer is "The Manhattan Transfer."

Once again, a MAGNIFICENT copy of a rare radio show. I found a review of the show from the Chicago Tribune of May 15, 1982, plus an earlier article by the same reporter, and the Park West print ad.

So, we're a bit thin on the documentation for this one, but I'm rushing things, as I have a show I want to post for JOBE as a Christmas present tomorrow!



Our pal Dirk pointed out an incorrect title!  I've updated the file to reflect the correct title of "Can't Waste A Minute" and adjusted the post to have the new information.  Also, to Dirk's point...YES...this is a PARTIAL concert.  The syndicated shows were often edited down from a longer concert.  Sometimes they had songs edited in from other concerts, too.  

6 comments:

  1. Track 6 is "Can't Waste A Minute". This was a 18 song concert, only 11 songs here. So not complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dirk! Thanks for the correction! I will retag the files, adjust the text file, and fix the error later today. We appreciate your taking the time to point out the mistake; that's how we get better!

    Also....yes, it is not a complete show. The syndicated shows....Westwood One, Captured Live!, King Biscuit Flower Hour, SuperGroups In Concert, Live From The Pit, et cetera, were edited down from longer concerts. Sometimes they were edited from different venues entirely but credited to a single venue, or come from multiple dates at the same concert.

    Sometimes these shows were sourced from a radio station tape. As a general rule, if it was from Boston, look to see if WBCN was involved. In Chicago, look for WXRT. In New York, check WNEW.

    I didn't find a WXRT (yet) for this one, but I do see that the longer version if up at Concert Vault. Again....thank you for your contribution!

    ReplyDelete