Looking for Something?

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING??
Never Been Here Before?

Check The Right Sidebar


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Follow The Sign To Where...

Monday, March 16, 2026

BBC College Concert #3 - Spandau Ballet / A Flock of Seagulls

BBC College Concert #3
Spandau Ballet / A Flock of Seagulls
air date September 26, 1982


Spandau Ballet
Recorded at:
Winter Gardens
Bournemouth
April 10, 1982

A Flock of Seagulls
Recorded at:
Paris Theatre
London
January 13, 1982

Side One:
01 Pete Larkin, Richard Skinner - BBC College Concert 3 Intro
02 Spandau Ballet - The Freeze
03 Spandau Ballet - She Loved Like Diamond
04 Spandau Ballet - To Cut A Long Story Short
05 Spandau Ballet - Paint Me Down
06 Spandau Ballet - Instinction, Chant No. 1 (I Don't Need This Pressure On)
07 Pete Larkin - BBC College Concert 3 Break
Side Two:
01 Pete Larkin - BBC College Concert 3 Intro 2
02 A Flock Of Seagulls - Modern Love Is Automatic
03 A Flock Of Seagulls - Standing In The Doorway
04 A Flock Of Seagulls - Telecommunication
05 A Flock Of Seagulls - Man Made
06 A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
07 A Flock Of Seagulls - (It's Not Me) Talking
08 Pete Larkin, Richard Skinner - BBC College Concert 3 Outro

Runout grooves:
BBC College Concert - 9/26/82 - Δ
BBC College Concert - 9/26/82 - B

I've split the show into two folders so you can file each band separately if you wish.

I don't have the cue sheet, but I've included a terrible, off-center low resolution scan I found on Discogs.  It's truly awful.

The Spandau Ballet tracks are also on BBC Transcription Services CN 04033/S In Concert 282 (with one additional track ("Glow").  The show is split with The Jam).

The A Flock of Seagulls set of six songs were also on BBC Transcription Services CN 4039/S (paired with Classix Nouveaux) with a broadcast date of August 15, 1982.  All six tracks were issued officially as part of the 2023 reissue of A Flock Of Seagulls as a 3-cd set, along with b-sides, single edits, and other BBC sessions (John Peel, Richard Skinner, Kid Jensen, and Janice Long).  Obviously, it's better sound quality than my rip of the vinyl, so go buy it if you like this digitization. This isn't intended to replace the superior official release, but to document as many of the BBC College Concert series as I can find.


No comments:

Post a Comment