Looking for Something?

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING??
Never Been Here Before?

Check The Right Sidebar


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Follow The Sign To Where...

Friday, December 31, 2021

Miles Davis Septet - Live Vienna, Austria 1971


Miles Davis Septet - Vienna, Austria
November 5, 1971
Österreischer Rundfunk radio broadcast @flac


2  CD disc silver boot>flac

 *Not My Notes*
Yeah this was how I got it and I don't change it a bit, so you gonna have it the same way,
the only thing I have done is renamed the files and added artwork.
This is the 2 disc bootleg, preserved as is with no tracks.
This is the first and one of the best bootlegs of this show.


Band warming up 0:11

Disc One: 52.11
Directions (J. Zawinul) 15:09
Theme stated at 3:58, 4:57.
Honky Tonk (M. Davis) 13:04
What I Say (M. Davis) 16:42
Sanctuary (W. Shorter-M. Davis) 3:05


Disc Two: 48.57
It's About That Time (M. Davis) 17:36
Yesternow (M. Davis) 14:27
Funky Tonk (M. Davis) 19:30
Sanctuary (W. Shorter-M. Davis) (closing theme) 1:14


 

Miles Davis - Trumpet
Gary Bartz - Soprano & Alto Saxes
Keith Jarrett - El Piano, Organ
Michael Henderson - El Bass
Ndugu Leon Chancler - Drums
Charles Don Alias - Percusion
James Mtume Foreman - Percusion



DrKick time tracks:
Directions (J. Zawinul) 15:34
Honky Tonk (M. Davis) 13:14
What I Say (M. Davis) 19:26
Sanctuary (W. Shorter-M. Davis) 3:55

It's About That Time (M. Davis) 17:24
Yesternow (M. Davis) 9:19
Funky Tonk (M. Davis) 20:55
Sanctuary (W. Shorter-M. Davis) 1:16


Thanks to the uploader and everyone at DIME!

pass - fbsvw


Vienna '71


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^




I will be updating old Miles show links over the coming months!

 

8 comments:

  1. Looks great, but what is the rar password?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sidebar Sez: *Note* Please see the post for any Password. The file name will also contain the password.
    Pass for any post that needs a pass = fbsvw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing this. Thanks for the timings of the tracks - figuring out where one piece ends and the next starts isn't always so easy in this era of Miles' music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the interest of YMMV, here are the lengths I wound up with when inserting track breaks:

    Directions (J. Zawinul) 15:34
    Honky Tonk (M. Davis) 13:14
    What I Say (M. Davis) 19:26
    Sanctuary (W. Shorter-M. Davis) 3:55

    It's About That Time (M. Davis) 17:24
    Yesternow (M. Davis) 9:19
    Funky Tonk (M. Davis) 20:55
    Sanctuary (W. Shorter-M. Davis) 1:16

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this from Dime so I went with what was listed. Thanks for the hard work, I'll put this up also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to give back a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Playing with Miles was synonymous with virtuosity. No ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't listened to any Miles for way too long! Many thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete