John Mellencamp
Westwood One Superstar Concert #97-06
for broadcast the week of February 3, 1997
Westwood One Superstar Concert #97-06
for broadcast the week of February 3, 1997
Farm Aid IV, Hoosier Dome, Indianapolis, IN - April 7, 1990 *
Farm Aid VII, Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, LA - September 18, 1994 **
Farm Aid '95 10th Anniversary, Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, KY - October 1, 1995 ***
Farm Aid '96, Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC - October 12, 1996 ****
Farm Aid VII, Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, LA - September 18, 1994 **
Farm Aid '95 10th Anniversary, Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, KY - October 1, 1995 ***
Farm Aid '96, Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC - October 12, 1996 ****
01 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Intro
02 The End of the Innocence - Don Henley *
03 Heart of the Matter - Don Henley *
04 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Break
05 All Along The Watchtower - Neil Young **
06 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Break
07 Heart of Gold - Neil Young ***
08 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Break
09 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Break
10 Deana Carter - Introducing John Mellencamp ****
11 Love And Happiness ****
12 Jack & Diane rap middle ****
13 Lonely Ol' Night ****
14 Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First) ****
15 Rain On The Scarecrow ****
16 Crumblin' Down ****
17 R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A ****
18 Hurt So Good ****
19 Pink Houses ****
20 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Outro
21 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Promo
02 The End of the Innocence - Don Henley *
03 Heart of the Matter - Don Henley *
04 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Break
05 All Along The Watchtower - Neil Young **
06 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Break
07 Heart of Gold - Neil Young ***
08 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Break
09 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Break
10 Deana Carter - Introducing John Mellencamp ****
11 Love And Happiness ****
12 Jack & Diane rap middle ****
13 Lonely Ol' Night ****
14 Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First) ****
15 Rain On The Scarecrow ****
16 Crumblin' Down ****
17 R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A ****
18 Hurt So Good ****
19 Pink Houses ****
20 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Outro
21 Westwood One Superstars Concert 97-06 Promo
Yeah. MellenFest. You knew it wasn't over, the show must go on!
As I recently posted a Don Henley show, this Farm Aid compilation provides a nice segue from Don Henley through Neil Young and back into Our Favorite Hoosier: John Mellencamp. I want to point out that Neil's version of All Along The Watchtower is a wondeful performance.
The Mellencamp set is drawn exclusively from Farm Aid '96 at the Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, South Carolina on October 12, 1996. Four of the songs were repeated on 98-06, and three on 99-36.
Pink Houses is presented in an epic 8 minute long version as the concert finale. All in all, a good set for this week's latest installment of MellenStock!
Pink Houses is presented in an epic 8 minute long version as the concert finale. All in all, a good set for this week's latest installment of MellenStock!
You get: The cue sheet! Scans of both discs! A scan of the Westwood One CD sleeve! And a litttle Excel file documenting what I think I know about Westwood One's Mellencamp history...



Wondering if anyone can help with a WW1 concert broadcast I've been looking for, for years. It's a show by Journey from 1983. It's the one from Norman Oaklahoma. The music is a fairly common bootleg, but I've never seen a 'complete' version with original ads intact. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
ReplyDeleteHi, Anonymous! As I mentioned over on Guitars101, that show is out there, and DRaftervoi does not have a copy....YET. If may take me some time to track one down. You can email me directly at draftervoi@gmail.com and if and when I track one down, I can send you an email.
ReplyDeleteDoes anyone have a lead on the Westwood One coverage of the Farm Aid IV show from 1990? I think this was a two part show, so 6 LPs instead of the normal 3. I'm pretty sure the Henley tracks in this compilation are from 1990.
ReplyDeleteActually....yes, on the Farm Aid WW1 from 1990. I happen to be working on both volumes right now, which is a weird coincidence. I'll have them up in the next few weeks. Here's what's going on behind the scenes here....In July, my grandson goes up to Seattle and I take over the desk in his room, spreading out the turntable and computer, and I start digitizing the projects for the next year. If I have time I'll toss in some cassettes that I've had in storage. And then in August when my grandson comes back to live with us, I'll start chaptering everything that I've digitized. Anyway...yes, I've got the two 1990 Farm Aid shows (no cue sheets, though) and will have them up soon.
ReplyDeleteCould you re-up this...I thought I had this
ReplyDelete