*THANKS TO THE ORIGINAL POSTERS
Again thank you to all the people who left a comment on my last post. So to pay you back I'm giving you a version of what I consider to be A PERFECT ALBUM. This album does not have a weak cut on it. What I've done here is taken the full "I'm The Man" album from different live sources and posted here. I hope you like it as much as I do. No back cover but if you have commited this album to memory, as I have, you'll know all the songs. My way of saying THANKS to all of you.




Welcome back! You're the Man! And this looks great!
ReplyDeleteWow- This is Perfect with a Capitol P- Thanks!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks friend. Never really heard this guy much until recently.
ReplyDeleteI was all about the first LP when it came out, and like most hipster jerks chasin' the Shock of the New, didn't buy it when it came out. I got back onboard with Beat Crazy and have followed Jackson for years, now...without him, I wouldn't know Louis Jordan.
ReplyDeleteI had a father who was a rat-bastard; we never reconciled, but we did agree about Louis Jordan and Big Joe Turner, and I owe that little bit of connection to Joe Jackson.
Fair enough, since Jerry Lee Lewis at Mickey Gilley's came from draftervoi...
ReplyDeletehttps://jonderblog.blogspot.com/2020/12/sharp-looking-man.html
Shit, I've got to research better. Thanks jonder
DeleteNo harm, no foul. It's a great record! And it's not unusual for people to have the same idea independently of each other.
DeleteMy condolences on your father's passing. Is there a connection between him and Joe Jackson's music for you? Was your dad "The Man"?
No, no connection I was just trying to think of LP's that are perfect all the way around and in some kinda bootleg form. Problem is there are not that many perfect records out there. I think my next "perfect" comp may be Jim Carroll's Dry Dreams if I can find live or studio outtakes to compile the thing
DeleteWore this album out in my youth. Great time for music. Jackson, Costello, and Parker.
ReplyDeleteBest regards
Zippy
I really only knew the hits but found him to be a very unique artist. Thank you, G.
ReplyDeleteCool as . . . . what the rest of the guys said! Nice points about Louis Jordan and draftervoi and XRay comments for us all. Bon Ton Roulet mon brave!
ReplyDeleteMan, this is good. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jobe, this is absolute madness... euh, no, absolute Joe Jackson disco dancing music. This is just great music to play LOUD. It can't get better than Live.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this diamond and greetings from Paris,
merci
ReplyDelete