Back from The Dead...
Originally posted by v-chile July 30, 2013
John & Eve McLaughlin
Unreleased LP Tracks 1974
NYC FM
Love, Devotion & Surrender
When I first listened to these recordings it quickly reminded me of the David Crosby album "If I Could Only Remember My Name",which had been released some years earlier, I think it was 1971.
Smooth sounding instruments,acoustic guitars,harp,bells and unusually for McLaughlin:vocals
If you like the Crosby,try this one,too.
For special moments to calm down; if you wanna get away from the bustle of everyday life or if you only need some meditative or spiritually stuff to listen to.
A modern word: "Healing Music".
This is the right one.
01. Peace 4:07
02. In The Depths Of My Heart A Bluebird Sings 3:52
03. Oh My Soul My Friend 5:14
04.Unknown Title (possibly John McLaughlin playing Indian Vina) 2:28
05. Share The Joy 8:41
06. Oh My Soul My Friend 7:16
07. Peace 9:35
08. Two And One 2:20
09. Earth Bound Hearts 1:29
10. Devotion 3:20
As bonus:
11.Interview with John & Eve McLaughlin 29:43
wave file in comments



Thanks, this sounds very interesting. Keep up the great posts. JCC
ReplyDeleteYou're absolutely right, if you like the Crosby Record, you will love this one too!
ReplyDeletesays Pnoom
I wonder if the John McLaughlin who recorded this music back in 1974 could one day imagine that he would be living in Monte Carlo, surrounded by some of the richest people on the planet. Would the younger McLaughlin approve or disapprove of such materialistic gains??
ReplyDeleteMonaco loves the rich: Zero tax rate! OM...That´s true abstinence!
ReplyDeleteNice find!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like it will interesting. Is Eve the Mahalakshmi on My Goal's Beyond? Thanks. I just wonder where this stuff comes from.
ReplyDeleteYes,she is.See the notes!And thanks everybody for taking part...
ReplyDeleteI received a request for a re-up of this, but don't have it...can any of the other authors help?
ReplyDeleteHi draftervoi, I found this beautiful bootleg burned on CD. I ripped with audiograbber and here is the link as wave file. I hope I could help you out. Cheers, v-chile: https://workupload.com/file/FMBtJA9XqMx
ReplyDeleteThanks, V-Chile...I emailed the person who requested it!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much!
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteGreat. many thanks for sharing and giving me the opportunity to discover a record I've never heard of. The Crosby LP is one of my favorites.
Best regards,
Robert
Gracias por el aporte. Veremos la veta familiar del guitar man.
ReplyDelete