Haven't heard from Paul for a while. I have no idea what he's up to now, seems like he's kinda walked away from music for the time being. Oh and by the way you bastards better enjoy this. I could not get this to rip. The disc didn't look like it was in too bad of shape, I even took it to our near-by resurfacing store to get it resurfaced in case there was something I couldn't see. After coming home and trying again it would only get to 45% on the rip then do nothing. Now also, there was one of those home-made labels (of the cover) on the face side of the disc. Why do people do that? So after looking on Google on how to remove a label (in this case rubbing alcohol, Q-Tips and lots of time) I successfully removed the Goddamn label. Making sure I got every little micro piece of paper off the disc, to make sure those little fucking pieces of paper didn't get on the lens. I had to constantly clean the play side of the disc by drying off the CD. It doesn't appear the rubbing alcohol hurt the disc (does anybody know if it does? or is it the case of in one month's time all the music will be erased) I WILL NOT BE DETERRED. Now of course when I first started to burn my own CD's I put those stupid labels on some of my disc. God I hope you never request those. I HATE LABELS!!!!!!! See scans
ROIO: audio and/or video recording of a performance that was not officially released by the artist, or under other legal authority. Soundboards, Quality Audience Recordings, FM Broadcasts, Concert Videos and Out of Print Recordings.
Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Paul Westerberg - Lucky's Revenge
Haven't heard from Paul for a while. I have no idea what he's up to now, seems like he's kinda walked away from music for the time being. Oh and by the way you bastards better enjoy this. I could not get this to rip. The disc didn't look like it was in too bad of shape, I even took it to our near-by resurfacing store to get it resurfaced in case there was something I couldn't see. After coming home and trying again it would only get to 45% on the rip then do nothing. Now also, there was one of those home-made labels (of the cover) on the face side of the disc. Why do people do that? So after looking on Google on how to remove a label (in this case rubbing alcohol, Q-Tips and lots of time) I successfully removed the Goddamn label. Making sure I got every little micro piece of paper off the disc, to make sure those little fucking pieces of paper didn't get on the lens. I had to constantly clean the play side of the disc by drying off the CD. It doesn't appear the rubbing alcohol hurt the disc (does anybody know if it does? or is it the case of in one month's time all the music will be erased) I WILL NOT BE DETERRED. Now of course when I first started to burn my own CD's I put those stupid labels on some of my disc. God I hope you never request those. I HATE LABELS!!!!!!! See scans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Yeah, I did that, back in the 2000's...I used to take 78 RPM label scans, and clean 'em up for use as CD labels. THEY LOOKED GREAT. But like you, I gave up on the practice...in my case, because several years down the road, the "sticky" on them lost bit of power and they began to peel off.
ReplyDeleteNitpicker's Note: The Italian bootleg label credits "Daydream Believer" as written by M. Nesmith. Nope...wrong! It was John Stewart.
ReplyDeleteTry giving labels a blast with a hairdryer. The heat effects the glue on the back of the label making it less adhesive and the label easier to remove. Any sticky residue left behind can be shifted with a product like Goo Gone. I use this method on books (even paperbacks) as well as CD packaging.
ReplyDelete