I bought their First LP - Yesterday And Today (Later to be shortened to Y&T)
Just from Lookin' At The Cover!
and their Second Album - Struck Down - Both on London Records!
That First Album was released in 1976, SO, THIS Concert takes place a couple years before... But, Many of these songs would make their first 2 releases.
They Played a lot in the Bay Area in California (Just ask anyone who was around there back then!)
Good Old-Fashioned Rock N Roll!
This is a Great Sounding Soundboard!
Everything is Clear and Balanced - ALL Instruments and Vocals can be Heard - It's NOT too Tin-y Nor Too Bass-y!
You've may have noticed I don't Rate or Rank Bootlegs with Any Kind of Scale - 'Cause, Well, They're ALL Subjective anyway...
What I think is a 9 - You might think is a 7 or 8!
Or, If I call it an "A" You may think it's a "B+" Etc.
That's why I try to Describe the Sound of the Bootleg!
There are some Bootlegs (Radio Broadcasts, Studio Recordings, Etc.) out there that are what I call "Damn Near Perfect!"
But, an Actual Bootleg being Perfect - I believe is "Fool's Gold!"
There's always Something it seems to me, Like the Vocals could be a little Higher or Lower in the mix, a Little Less or More Bass, Etc. Or Whatever!
NOTE: Leonard Haze (R.I.P.) - Drummer is ONLY playing ONE Bass Drum with ONLY his right foot on ONLY ONE Foot Pedal, Even though it may Sound Like a Double Bass Set Up!
Apparently, This show was Filmed and There's a Bootleg DVD out there of it!
ANOTHER NOTE: There is a Hidden Song NOT Listed on the Back Cover: "Road" It follows Game Playing Woman and they transition quickly, So, I didn't wanna make a bad cut there!
NEW LINK: 2/17/21




Thank you for this one. Makes me remind that sometimes I should clean the dust from my archives and give a listen to this one I downloaded on the 20th of April 2012. And I'll give a listen also to the Salinas concert from 1983.
ReplyDeleteDerek, You'll find a difference in this and the 1983 concert...
DeleteThis one is more Basic Rock & Roll and once they changed their name to Y&T they adopted a more Hard Rock Sound...
Awesome. I’ve never heard of them but I can’t wait to listen! TY.
ReplyDeleteYeah, Don't feel all alone - Lots of People Never heard of them!
DeleteSome will remember their MTV Video "Summertime Girls" from the 80's...
This is very good and the Rock & Roll Medley at the end features Blue Suede Shoes, Jailhouse Rock, Whole Lotta Shakin', Etc.
Way cool thankx. I would say it brought back memories but its just before that. My first Y&T show was in 1982.
ReplyDeletevoodoowagon, NEW LINK = Yesterday And Today - Winterland 1974 - ok ? , please and thanks, by raulzimdimaio@
ReplyDeleteAnyone have this?? Rocket is MIA!!
ReplyDeleteImpossible, my brother, all right. by raulzimdimaio@
ReplyDeleteHi, Anonymous/raulzimdimaio: our pal Rocket is no longer posting here at the Voodoo Wagon, he's got his own place at https://hearrockcity3.blogspot.com/ I left a comment on his current post (the Setzer one...) asking if he could help you find the Y&T show.
ReplyDelete@draftervoi - I've emailed Rocket numerous times with no response. If you look at his page his name is no longer there. That's way I'm asking for someone to put up a link here in comments.
ReplyDeleteHi, SilentWay...YIKES! You're right, his pal Smoker is filling in. Well, at least there's a marker there, if he ever returns.
DeleteSilentWay ( my Duck ) = hearrockcity. made nothing . ( without hope ) said : Raul Zim DiMaio, thanks for info.
ReplyDelete