01 Announcer - WMMR-FM Intro
02 Rock and Hyde - Middle of the Night
03 Rock and Hyde - Dirty Water
04 Rock and Hyde - The Blind, The Deaf And The Lame
05 Rock and Hyde - I Will
06 Rock and Hyde - Eyes of a Stranger
07 Rock and Hyde - There's Always Someone Tougher
08 Rock and Hyde - Talk To Me
09 Rock and Hyde - Never Said I Loved You
10 Rock and Hyde - China Boys
11 Rock and Hyde - I'll Find Another (Who Can Do It Right)
12 Announcer - WMMR Break
13 Rock and Hyde - Soldier
14 Rock and Hyde - Let's Have A Party
15 Rock and Hyde - Dirty Water
02 Rock and Hyde - Middle of the Night
03 Rock and Hyde - Dirty Water
04 Rock and Hyde - The Blind, The Deaf And The Lame
05 Rock and Hyde - I Will
06 Rock and Hyde - Eyes of a Stranger
07 Rock and Hyde - There's Always Someone Tougher
08 Rock and Hyde - Talk To Me
09 Rock and Hyde - Never Said I Loved You
10 Rock and Hyde - China Boys
11 Rock and Hyde - I'll Find Another (Who Can Do It Right)
12 Announcer - WMMR Break
13 Rock and Hyde - Soldier
14 Rock and Hyde - Let's Have A Party
15 Rock and Hyde - Dirty Water
Rock and Hyde was a short lived offshoot of the Canadian rock band, the Payolas (sometimes written as the Payola$). Five of the tracks from this show were originally by the Payolas. They repeat their current single twice in the set, and with the Elvis Presley cover (Let's Have A Party) that leaves just five tracks out of fourteen specifically from the Rock and Hyde album.
There's not a lot of live Rock & Hyde out there...they did a KBFH show broadcast in June 1987 attributed to "Philadelphia" with five tracks. A quick look at Concert Vault shows they've got this posted in streaming audio, probably in slightly better quality. But here, for posterity, is the original WMMR-FM broadcast.
This is one more cassette contributed by our pal, Sam Elliot's Mustache.



Thanks for this. Haven't thought about the Payolas in a minute, but I used to hear them all the time on CFNY
ReplyDeleteHi, Roz! They're a band I was aware of here in the Bay Area, but I didn't recall any specific songs by them. I'm enjoying digging through these old cassette tapes, and I'm hoping you're enjoying our exercise in rock and roll archeology. By the way...I don't just listen to OLD music, I'm a fan of contemporary groups, too. I'm a recent convert to Taylor Swift. :)
ReplyDelete