Looking for Something?

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING??
Never Been Here Before?

Check The Right Sidebar


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Follow The Sign To Where...

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Traffic - Live Anderson Theater, New York 1970

Back From The Dead...
Originally posted April 13, 2013

Traffic - Anderson Theater, New York 1970
November 23, 1970
aka-Woodwind
Excellent Soundboard @ 320
(includes art)

...probably the best sounding Traffic live recording

Track List:
1. Medicated Goo
2. Pearly Queen
3. Empty Pages
4. Heaven Is In Your Mind
5. Forty-Thousand Headmen
6. John Barleycorn
7. Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring
8. Every Mother's Son
9. Freedom Rider
10. Shootout At The Fantasy Factory
11. The Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys


Tracks 10-11: aka-On The Road, London,

Steve Winwood - organ, guitar; Jim Capaldi - drums, vocals
Rick Gretch - bass; Chris Wood - sax & flute, keyboards

 pass = fbsvw




!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the traffic one. Looks mostly interesting.

    Derek from Paris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably the best sounding Traffic live recording ever?
    That`s no surprise, as the notes say: "it was taped off the Grateful Dead`s soundboard" and there are no better sbd recordings like the Dead ones. Personalized by audio engineers like Owsley "Bear" Stanley and Dan Healy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for this. Grew up with band. Brightened my day a little too. Take care one and all.
    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot. One of my favorite bands, and don't think I've seen this performance before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to mention that the date and location for this one are in question. I grew up in NYC and the Anderson Theater was history by 1970. Research indicates this show took place at the Fillmore East on 11/18/70 during a run shared with the Dead. It's an amazing quality tape that I've had from other sources for a number of years. Thanks for all the great music you share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alan R. - I received this recording as 'The Anderson'. I've seen it both ways and have yet to find anything definitive. From what I can find the Fillmore show was 11-18-70 and Traffic played the Anderson almost a week later on the 23rd. Found this interesting... http://streetsyoucrossed.blogspot.com/2005/07/still-hangin-out-on-second-avenue.htmlesting Anders Theatre

      Delete