Westwood One Superstar Concert Series
Show #94-47 for broadcast the week of November 14, 1994
Recorded with the San Diego Symphony Orchestra at the Starlight Bowl, San Diego, CA on September 29, 1994
The host is Jamie Osborn. The cue sheet says it's Jim Ellis.
01. Intro
02. The Dream
03. Tuesday Afternoon
04. Eternity Road
05. Gypsy
06. Steppin' In A Slide Zone
07. I Know You're Out There Somewhere
08. The Story In Your Eyes
09. Your Wildest Dream
10. The Other Side Of Life
11. Nights In White Satin
12. I'm Just A Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)
13. Question
14. Ride My See-Saw
15. Outro
https://mega.nz/#!HMAUUQqS!ZDE7gZLRXU0QuyASmy8mbg-gaFkZGfcWGLwyqHdVZdo
As is usual with Westwood One, the broadcast was edited down from a longer set list.
According to Setlists.com, the original set list was:
The Dream
Tuesday Afternoon
Eternity Road
Gypsy
The Actor (not on this broadcast)
Steppin' in a Slide Zone
New Horizons (not on this broadcast)
I Know You're Out There Somewhere
The Story in Your Eyes
Your Wildest Dreams
The Other Side of Life
I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band) this and "Nights" have been reversed)
Nights in White Satin (swapped with "Singer")
Legend of a Mind (not on this broadcast)
Question
Ride My See-Saw
Westwood One did two more broadcasts based on the San Diego 1994 tracks:
Superstars In Concert #95-31 - drops "The Dream" and adds "The Actor."
Superstars In Concert #96-25 - drops "The Dream and "The Other Side Of Life" and adds "The Actor" and "Legend of a Mind."
Westwood One also broadcast four tracks (Gypsy, Steppin' In The Slide Zone, I'm Just A Singer, and Question) as part of a compilation show (with tracks from Oxford 1987) as shows #97-23, 02-39, 04-09, 06-09, 07-30, and 09-10.
The 95-31 version of the show was likely the source for the 1995 silver disc bootleg Starlight Sojourn, issued in Germany on the Ride The Tiger label as RTT 020, as the set list matches exactly.
The Starlight Bowl was quite the place at one time........but has fallen on hard times....
....from what I read on the Internet, it's in the flight path for the San Diego airport....which goes a long way toward explaining why it's closed and deteriorating these days.



No comments:
Post a Comment