The Gregg Rolie Band - Rain Dance Live
Recorded during 2007 tour
No longer in print
01. Jingo
02. Going Home
03. No One To Depend On
04. As the Years Go Passing By
05. Evil Ways
06. Across the Water
07. Give It To Me
08. Soul Sacrifice
09. Black Magic Woman
10. Gypsy Queen
11. Oye Como Va
12. Bailamos El Son
So retro that it is actually cool! Rain Dance Live is an amazing concert recording by a bunch of veteran blues rockers led by legendary keyboardist / vocalist / producer Gregg Rolie. Rolie was a long time member of Carlos Santana’s band and a founding member of Journey (as well as founder of bands The Storm and Abraxas Pool). Gregg and band recorded this album while on tour in 2007. After giving this a listen it is obvious why Rolie was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Fans of Carlos Santana or Stevie Ray Vaughn won’t want to miss this one.
https://workupload.com/file/DGqtkPvPYz8


Great stuff XRay!
ReplyDeleteOh Yeah, ta very much, this is definitively worth checking.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this gem!! I was fortunate enough to see Gregg open for Styx on Jan 16, 2005 here in Las Vegas. He unfortunately didn't play any journey songs like I had hoped but his show was great with plenty of Santana hits. A notable fact is that for Styx's encore, they brought out Billy Preston and Sam Moore (from Sam and Dave fame). It was a long encore with several great 70's songs from the pair as well as additional Styx favorites. If I only had a recorder at that time, I would have captured the whole thing! Happily, I do have 2 boots of the Gregg Rolie Band from 2005 and 2006 (2006 is a soundboard). If you don't have either of these, just let me know and I'll send them along to you. Thanks again, G.
ReplyDeleteHey Gman, I would love both of those! My Email is rubiconsdream@yahoo.com ,thanks!
ReplyDeleteI sent them both your way. Feel free to post them on your site. It sounds like Anonymous would like some more GR boots!
DeleteWow, thanks! Been a Rollie fan since first hearing Santana as a little kid. Never knew this existed.
ReplyDeleteThanks Gman! They will be forthcoming...
ReplyDeleteThank you. Will have a close listen to this interesting concert. Regards from winter in Paris,
ReplyDeletehello X Ray - this is quite a gem here. Would also love to hear more Rollie, if possible.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks. Santana the band was at its best with Rolie and Schon. Polypheme
ReplyDelete