Rosanne Cash
Starfleet Blair Presents Rosanne Cash Live In Cincinnati
Airs August 3 to August 9, 1981
Starfleet Blair Presents Rosanne Cash Live In Cincinnati
Airs August 3 to August 9, 1981
Recorded at:
Bogart's
Cincinnati, OH
June 2, 1981
01 Sam Kopper - Intro
02 Commercial - Stroh's
03 Sam Kopper - Segment Intro
04 Roseanne Cash - Rainin'
05 Roseanne Cash - Baby, Better Start Turnin' Em Down
06 Roseanne Cash - Right Or Wrong
07 Roseanne Cash - Blue Moon With Heartache
08 Sam Kopper - Break
09 Commercial - Stroh's
10 Roseanne Cash - Seven Year Ache
11 Roseanne Cash - Hometown Blues
12 Roseanne Cash - Man Smart, Woman Smarter
13 Roseanne Cash - Seeing Is Believing
14 Roseanne Cash - No Memories Hangin' Round
15 Sam Kopper - Break
16 Commercial - Stroh's
17 Roseanne Cash - Oh, Yes I Can
18 Roseanne Cash - My Baby Thinks He's A Train
19 Roseanne Cash - What Kind Of Girl Am I Really Am
20 Sam Kopper - Break
21 Commercial - Stroh's
22 Roseanne Cash - Big River
23 Sam Kopper - Outro
Runout grooves:
381 SB-69-A (script squiggle)
381 SB-69-B (script squiggle)
381 SB-69-C (script squiggle)
The script squiggle looks like a W or M wedged between upper and lower horizontal lines.
Brought to you by the Collective For Live Music.
Flac files of wavs. Includes 300 dpi scans of the cue sheet, the disc labels, the front, back, and inside covers, a print ad from the Cincinnati Enquirer, and a concert review from the Cincinnati Post.
Roseanne Cash "Roseanne Cash Live In Cincinnatti"
Yes, "Cincinnatti." That's the spelling on all three disc labels, the commercial spot affidavit, and the cue sheet.
When I bought this, I thought it was part of Starfleet Blair's Jamboree U.S.A. series. The Jamboree U.S.A. shows are very rare; I've only seen a few turn up on Ebay over the last twenty years. I've identified 14 shows, and there may be more, but only two show up on Discogs: Janie Frickie and Razzy Bailey. I've included a text file with a list of Starfleet Blair's Jamboree U.S.A. shows sourced from information in Billboard, Cashbox, and Discogs.
I don't believe the Roseanne Cash show was part of that series, in spite of using the same cover. I note that the same cover was used for Pretenders Live At The Santa Monica Civic, and that was a Warner Brothers Music Show. The cover alone isn't enough to prove that's it's a Jamboree U.S.A. show.
There are other details that don't match. Both the Janie Frickie and Razzy Bailey shows are recorded at the Capitol Music Hall, Wheeling, WV. The Roseanne Cash show is from Bogarts in Cincinnati, OH.
The Jamboree shows have a yellow sticker on the cover displaying "Razzy Bailey Jamboree U.S.A." and "Janie Frickie Jamboree U.S.A." The Roseanne Cash show has a silver sticker that says,
"Stroh's and Starfleet Present Roseanne Cash."
The Cash show's Air date of August 3 - August 9, 1981, is a longer window than that listed in Billboard for the Jamboree U.S.A shows; seven days as compared to three days. This window overlaps with the air dates of the Jamboree U.S.A. Johnny Cash show (July 31 - August 2) and Johnny Russell (August 7 - 9).
As for the music, this one's a goldmine. At the time, "Oh, Yes I Can" was unreleased, turning up on 1982's Somewhere In The Stars. Crowell's "Seeing Is Believing" wasn't available, and had to wait until 1984's Right Or Wrong before you could buy it. As far as I can tell, her cover of her father's "Big River" is unreleased to this day, and I don't see a release of what I believe is titled "What Kind Of Girl Am I Really Am."




Thanks for this piece of Roseanne gold. Appreciate you sharing it. Early live Roseanne Cash shows are fairly rare... I'm gonna enjoy this one..💵👍
ReplyDeleteThanks for this, I'm looking forward to having a listen.
ReplyDelete